Let’s face facts. More and more folks are doing what they can do to try and earn a living or a second income by working from home. With the price of petroleum on the increase in makes great economic sense to do some form of cloud commuting. It does not matter what you do. If you are looking to fill out US Immigration forms to obtain your US Green Card or to get a Green Card renewal or if you are simply looking for a new position. Online consulting can be a great way for you to supplement your income.
Most of us have a good deal of untapped knowledge rolling around inside of our heads. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could tap into something that we already know and make money from that? You might be someone that spent a long time studying to get your US Green Card and you might know the US Immigration form like the back of your hand and are an old pro at getting a Green Card renewal. You had to work hard to gain all of that knowledge. So doesn’t it seem smart to help someone else, share what you already know and get paid for that? That is precisely what an online consultant does. They find a niche that they know well and exploit that to make money.
Not only will you be making some good money at it but you will be helping someone else out at the same time. That is a double winning proposition. Especially when talking about or to folks that might not speak the language or might be less capable of finding the information that they need because they are not as computer savvy as you might be. They might be able to find the information with some digging and research but they may well be happier to pay someone to give them the information and save the time and effort that they might otherwise need to invest to reach the same destination.
Time is money these days more than ever before. People are too busy just trying to make ends meet and often times only have time to do just enough to meet the daily needs. Being an online consultant in your area of expertise is filling a void and giving people back more of their free time and ending a lot of stress. The key is to shift your paradigm and remember a good analogy I use. When your car breaks down most anyone can find the information needed to repair it and yet you usually opt to go to a mechanic. That is because it is easier, safer and generally you get a better result by visiting a mechanic who is basically just a consultant.
Use what you know to make money for yourself and to make life easier for the people that you are helping. It will make both you and they feel better and it may just insert a little sanity into an otherwise insane situation.
February 11th, 2011 by admin
Most people say they gauge the results of their online marketing strategies for their virtual stores by the increase in traffic, the number of clicks to “sponsors” or by their page rank. Is that you? If that is your strategy for gauging effectiveness then read the following five points and learn why it might not be the best way to gauge results.
1. If you have an online store and you are gauging your marketing effectiveness by how many clicks to your affiliate sponsors you garner then you are definitely on the wrong track. First of all your main business is to sell goods. Affiliate marketing is another area entirely. Your efforts should be focused upon selling your goods, not a competitor’s goods.
2. Increases in traffic may be an excellent way to gauge the effectiveness of online marketing initiatives under some circumstances. However, if you are selling cool baby clothes, diaper bags or cute clothes and your visitors are all seeking cool gadgets you may have missed the marketing boat. Increased traffic numbers with visitors that hit the back button as soon as your page loads may not be doing you much good.
3. Social media marketing is a hot topic right now. Establishing a business presence on Twitter and Facebook may be an excellent idea for brand recognition and even gathering leads. However, you have to assure yourself that your followers are seeing frequently updated content that has a bearing on what you sell. You have a hot new set of cool baby clothes, a sought after shipment of diaper bags or some super cute clothes just in; use that opportunity to inform your followers of the new shipment and even show a photo or two. You might use increases in the number of followers or the number of likes to gauge the effectiveness of your social media marketing, but these initiatives only work if you are sending out a positive and frequently updated message about your products through the social network.
4. Page rank as a gauge to the effectiveness of any online marketing strategy works if and only if the page rank is accompanied by numbers and traffic. Basically, what an online store wants is targeted visitors looking for their products. Therefore, if traffic hasn’t increased it is either early in the campaign or the campaign, SEO or marketing push needs tweaking.
5. It takes time are you giving it time? Business, sales and traffic are not something that is pulled from the air on the internet. It takes time for a marketing and SEO strategy to show its full potential. Checking your server stats the day after you begin an initiative is good for establishing a baseline. However, it may be weeks before you begin to see the result in full or even months.
The true gauge of a marketing campaign’s effectiveness is usually seen in the form of sales. The bottom line is why a retail store begins online promotion of their products. Trying to measure it too soon is an error and measuring by the wrong standards can be misleading.
February 7th, 2011 by admin